Monday, May 20, 2013

Civil War Days (5/18/13)

Sometimes, it's a good to do some research where you can physically immerse yourself in your imagination.  A friend of mine once told me that all Western fiction lead back to the Civil War--and in my case, at least, he was right.  My main characters have been affected by the war in one way or another, and the war experiences mostly appear in my books as memories. The new book I'm writing now, to be published in late 2014, Vengeance at Sundown, features Lucas Fume, an ex-Confederate spy, and that book relies heavily on events that took place during the war, but is ten years past it.  I'm lucky to live to close to place that puts on a top-notch Civil War re-enactment where I can walk through those memories, and hopefully write them a little more vividly.


No comments: