Monday, December 3, 2012

December update



DECEMBER UPDATE


End of year always seems busy and rushed. I will have to say that I regret not posting more on the blog this past year.  I’m thinking of reformatting it starting January, and I hope to post more than just updates.

News:  I just signed a contract with Five Star for the ebook edition of The Devil’s Bones.  It should be available for download in February or March.  I’m happy about this, and hope the book finds a broader audience.   

Not much else to report.  The sixth Josiah Wolfe novel, TheGila Wars, will be out in May and is available for pre-order now.  I’m not currently writing any more Josiah Wolfe novels, but that doesn’t mean the series has ended.  There’s been no official word on that just yet.  The last three and a half years have been devoted to writing the Josiah Wolfe novels, all the while maintaining my freelance business, so the break, since April, has been welcome.  I needed to re-charge my batteries.  I’ve started a new WIP (work in progress), but that’s really all I want to say about it for now.  I started… Writers write.  With a contract, or without. It’s how we survive.

All in all, it’s been a good year.  Difficult, but good.  I published four short stories:

"The Kill Stand" -- Indiana Crime anthology, January, 2012

"The Last Master of Aeronautical Winter -- Westward Weird (DAW),  February, 2012

"Shadow of the Crow" -- Beat to a Pulp, Round 2, May, 2012

"The Longest Night" Slay Bells and Six Guns (WF anthology), October, 2012.

And two novels, The Devil's Bones, in March, and The Coyote Tracker (Josiah Wolfe #5) in August.  

With all of the turmoil and changes going on in the publishing industry, it's hard to say what's next right now. I know something is.  Because no matter what, I'll find a way to get my stories out into the world.

Coming soon: My take on the best books I've read in 2012.


1 comment:

David Cranmer said...

The Gila Wars. Marking my calendar.