Sunday, June 19, 2011

R.I.P. Clarance Clemons -- Jungleland

When I was still in high school in 1977, I stumbled across an album, Greetings from Asbury Park, and life was never the same for me. Music became different, more personal.  My hometown was a blue-collar, factory town, and the songs that Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band played felt familiar, like they were there with me.  Then came Born to Run.  That low, long, lonely blow of the sax in Jungleland still haunts me, has always been my favorite Springsteen moment, song, and story, and always will be.  Damn it, The Big Man is gone.  Hard to believe... There will never be another sax player like Clarance Clemons.  Never.  Here's Jungleland...enjoy the master, and the anthem for a time that has come to pass, but will never be forgotten.

No comments: